SPECTACULAR — ALL-CAMP POLICIES AND EXPECTATIONS
Our mission is to provide a safe, Christ-centered community that encourages young women and men to discover God, their inherent worth and cultivate and express their giftedness. In order to ensure this mission is lived out, we have some simple expectations and policies in place.
What you can expect from SPECTACULAR leadership:
- We are committed to uphold the staff and campers in prayer.
- We are committed to provide a ministry that allows for a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and upholds the values of SPECTACULAR.
- We are committed to open and ongoing communication with delegation staff and campers via email and social media.
- We are committed to uphold the expectations of staff and campers.
- We are committed to support and partner with delegation leaders to work through any situations that may require disciplinary action.
- We are committed to creating an intentional Christian community.
Guests are welcome to visit SPECTACULAR. In order to promote the safety of our SPECTACULAR community, the following procedures must be followed.
- Guests must stop by the SPEC office to sign in and receive a wrist band that will identify them as a guest.
- Guests must arrange for their own housing off-campus.
- Meals and other camp activities are not provided.
- Please limit stay to one or two days.
If an individual fails to meet the camper or staff expectations, the SPEC directors and head of security will work with delegation leaders to determine an appropriate course of action. It is our intention to be fair and just, but we are serious about providing a safe and sacred community.
- Disciplinary action will never include physical punishment but might consist of restriction of participation, restriction to an assigned area, apology to the group, additional duties, etc.
- If leaders feel a situation warrants notification, parents or guardians will be contacted.
- If the infraction is serious, the SPECTACULAR directors, head of security, and the delegation leaders will determine if an individual will be asked to leave.
- Individuals (or the parent or guardian) who are asked to leave SPECTACULAR will be responsible for all transportation expenses and fees. Registration and other travel fees will not be reimbursed.
- If damage to property occurs, individuals will be assessed for the cost of damages and repair.
- Individuals who break public laws will be asked to leave SPEC and will be subject to legal action by law enforcement authorities.